1. Write with your filter off. Don't stifle your imagination to fit into anyone's box.
2. Be brave. Don't change your storyline because you fear other's judgement. It will happen anyway. Be authentically you.
3. If you don't know how to do something, ask other authors. Most of us will help if we have the time.
4. Do not panic over a bad review. Check out this person's account. If their reviews are more than 80% bad and they have thousands of reviews, they are just a Troll. Ignore them, believe it or not, it's helpful to have a few bad ones. Suck it up and remain silent. Never comment back. Say this with me, "We do not engage with Trolls."
5. Always write in justified paragraph format and set the advanced settings to do not add space after shift. That isn't the exact wording. I'll look it up and clarify this if you need me too. If you have to respace line by line, it's going to be mind-blowingly tedious.
1. Be fearlessly yourself on social media. If you have a dark sense of humour, roll the dice. You won't regret it.
2. Other Authors are your friends, you are not in competition with anyone but yourself.
3. Follow people with large followings and engage in conversation.
4. To avoid conflict, stay away from these subjects, politics, religion and sex. A media expert told me this over a decade ago.
5. Set aside time each day for book promotion on social media. Update as much as you can every day and always follow readers back. (real accounts only) Who are we to pick and chose?