Ask DL White a question

DL White

DL White

Contemporary Romance Women's Fiction African American Interest
      • DL White DL White 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Being able to live off of my writing, on some level. But also being someone's favorite author. Changing the culture, pushing the narrative, improving with every work, and making connections. I'm not there yet, I know that. But I am closer with every release.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Oh boy. Lots going on in publishing period, but since I self publish I think the practice of stuffing books in kindle unlimited unfairly takes opportunities from authors who are honest.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I have two books that I unpublished because they didn't meet the standard anymore. I would rewrite them if I had the desire to. But I don't! Haha.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I once heard that my writing reminded someone of Terry McMillan and I was absolutely giddy. To be compared to anyone is really a compliment, to be honest.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Well, I hope I have become a better, more skilled writer. I have certainly learned a lot about plotting, putting a story together, keeping interest through the middle and bringing the story to a close. I believe that reading good writing helps every author, so I have taken strengths from other authors and put them to work for myself. My writing style has matured and, I believe, improved greatly over the past five years. Although i still read my debut and wouldn't change a thing.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • I read reviews, but for a specific purpose and only select reviews. I fully believe that reviews are for readers, to share the experience with others who want to buy the book. I like for review spaces to be clear of that 'hovering' feeling, like the author is watching. Readers should feel free to be themselves in those spaces.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Well, I saw some great advice the other day that I subscribe to-- use your emotion. Journal your hard days, your tough moments and use that. It deepens your writing and makes your scenes more realistic. But also find a way to step out, step away, get some distance and clarity to give you perspective. At times, a scene that seemed perfect yesterday is entirely too dramatic today.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I needed an outlet. After the death of my brother, I needed a way to get my feelings out, to emote. I chose the written word and don't regret it.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor