Ask Mike McCoy a question

Mike McCoy

Mike McCoy

Action & Adventure Science Fiction Teen & Young Adult
      • Mike McCoy Mike McCoy 4 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Since I was 12 or 13 years old I have wanted to write novels. I've always had stories pop into my head and I would imagine writing those stories. During long drives I work through story ideas as a form of daydreaming. It took me forty years to fulfill my desire to write a novel, but I finally self-published my first book in 2019. At this point in my life my primary goal is to keep writing. I don't think of it as a career or a full-time profession. I need to get a few more books finished to consider writing a career.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • I think you must. A writer needs to be a good observer of human behavior, traits, speech and it's impossible not to include parts of yourself in your writing.
        Follow
        Author
      • Pay attention in English class! Writing Asteroids was like a five year long writing course. My first editor tore it up and wrote out a list of basic punctuation as a cheat sheet. He must have been very frustrated. I must have edited and re-written the book six or seven times. I'm sure it's still not perfect, but as I wrote and learned, my writing improved.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor