Ask Angie Dent a question

Angie Dent

Angie Dent

Women's Fiction Christian Fiction Poetry Christian Nonfiction Religion & Spirituality
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • What is that one thing you think readers generally don't know about your specific genre?
      • Angie Dent Angie Dent 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I think readers generally don’t know how versatile Christian fiction is. With this genre, the writer can use entertainment to convey a godly message to readers. Fiction, non-fiction and even poetry can be freely woven into the same book without compromising the reader experience.
      CurrentAllauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes! I have definitely experienced writer’s block. I think most writers have. For me, sometimes writer’s block rears its pesky, little head when I have a deadline. Here are some tips to use to overcome writer’s block.

Take a break from what you’re writing. Start brainstorming for another chapter or story. This will take the pressure off. Once you start writing something new, creativity will start flowing again freeing you to go back to your previous work.

Another way to deal with writer’s block is to start writing or typing something silly. Keep writing silly phrases, words or even songs (more ridiculous the better). This will help you to relax, rid stress and release words. Before you know it, you’ll be back to writing again!
        Follow
        Author
      • My answer to this question may sound unusual to many. Having best sellers and thousands of positive reviews is unquestionably literary success. Although I wouldn’t turn down any one of these, to me, literary success looks different.

Last year, I was looking at my book sales report. Sales were few. At first, it was disappointing, but one thing on the report changed that. On the second sheet, it showed the number of people who read my book for free through Kindle Unlimited. The report showed only one person had read my book. That person lived in Canada!

Although I didn’t make a sale from that person reading my book, I was excited as if I had made record sales! The one thing I wanted most from writing books was to encourage and help Christians across the globe. That report told me I had!

To me, that’s what literary success looks like.
      • like (1)
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • Well, I haven’t written a novel yet. Mainly, I write short story collections. For many of my stories, I create the settings and characters and then place them within real-life events from my life and those of other Christians.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • My passion for writing began when I heard poetry for the first time. The rhythm and language of it struck a strong chord with me. That moved me to start writing my own poetry and prose. The desire to extend my prose led me to fiction writing.

I began writing over 10 years ago. I have been writing professionally for 3 years.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor