Ask D.M. Cain a question

D.M. Cain

D.M. Cain

Fantasy
      • D.M. Cain D.M. Cain 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I would absolutely LOVE to be able to write a crime/mystery novel. I'm a huge fan of the Cormoran Strike novels by Robert Galbraith and I wish I could write in the same clever, relatable and amusing way he (she) does.
        Follow
        Author
      • It was always my dream, since the age of around 10. However, it was always this ethereal, unattainable ambition that I never imagined could really be within my grasp. I'm still not at the full-time profession stage, but I'm getting closer!
        Follow
        Author
      • WRITE, WRITE and WRITE SOME MORE! I've never been short on ideas, and my brain has always swirled with characters, locations, passions and adventures, but I was also plagued by insecurity. I was afraid that I wasn't able, that I couldn't express what I wanted to, that everybody would laugh when I told them I wrote. And all of those neuroses stopped me from actually picking up a pen and writing in the first place. So it took me a long time to get started. If I could talk to young DM, I would tell her to push aside that fear, believe in herself and get writing!
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Writing is both the best and the worst pursuit in my life. I love it intensely, but also often despise it. Yes, it can indeed be draining and stressful, and I find that the way to get around this is to accept it. The crippling self-doubt, the regrets and the writer's block are all a part of the writing journey, and an important part at that. They are the reason why so many people give up. ALL of us feel that way sometimes, often even. But on the flip side, you have the elation of creating something new, the magic and wonder of delving into a world of your own creation, the immense sense of pride when you complete a project. And it is those things that keep us going.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor