Ask RH Webster a question

RH Webster

RH Webster

LGBT Science Fiction Fantasy
      • RH Webster RH Webster 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • It's less of a schedule and more of an "ooh, I have twenty minutes before my next meeting I should scribble some words" sort of thing. I work multiple jobs to pay for my writing, so I get a lot of ideas running from one place to the next. I workshop them in my head as I'm driving and listening to music, and then as soon as I get home I try to type it out. Usually, it's rough, but that's what a first draft always is. Then I can rewrite the scene, tweaking and improving it over the weekends.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      CurrentAllauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
      • RH Webster RH Webster 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I think everyone gets Writer's Block now and then. I have two ways to manage it: if it's during November (National Novel Writing Month), I leave a note to myself in the manuscript that says "HEY DUMMY FIX THIS" and I go back and tackle that during a less stressful month. If it's at any other, non-time-crunched part of the year, I'll usually get up and go for a walk or do some laundry to see if I can "shake the words loose" in my head.

However, sometimes Writer's Block can be a sign that you're trying to force a story in an unnatural direction. Maybe instead of forcing it, allow yourself and your characters a little leeway and see what happens? The fun part about a manuscript is that it can always be edited and updated later.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor