Ask Tina Konstant a question

Tina Konstant

Tina Konstant

Crime Fiction Mystery Supernatural Suspense Advice & How To
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
      • Tina Konstant Tina Konstant 4 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Sometimes! But it's never obvious. I might hint at a situation or event, but the people involved would never know it. It's a bit like a secret hidden in plain sight that only I know about. Some time ago, as an example, I worked with someone who wound me up to the degree I put him in a short story where he met a violent, savage, grizzly end. Mwahahahahaha
      • like (1)
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • Ohhhhhhh good heavens, yes! I spent two years locked in writer's block. The weird thing about those two years was that I wrote more than I normally did, but none of it was what I wanted to write! It was frustrating, exhausting and downright infuriating. Then I learned to relax and enjoy the process.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Have fun! Read even more! Relax!! Don't worry so much about what people think! If I could sit down with my younger self now, I'd tell her to play more. I'd tell her to identify her ideal reader and story type sooner and dive in.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • One important element of good writing, in my view, is a butt-kicking, rip-roarin', gut-gripping tale. The other equally important element is the ability to tell that tale in a way that transports the reader into that world without interruption. There's a rhythm to how a great story is told. The reader should be so immersed in the story, that they forget they're reading. Know what I mean?
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Write what you want to read - not what you think you should write. The world is full of books that people "think" the market wants. But if you look at all the great reads through history, they stand out becuase they have an element of authenticity and honesty. It's hard to explain... There's something real about the world's best stories. Also... let go of all deadlines and expectations. Just go with the flow. There is so much in this business you can't control. If you try to, you'll drive yourself nuts.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor