Ask Christopher Cole a question

Christopher Cole

Christopher Cole

Thriller Action & Adventure Science Fiction Horror Teen & Young Adult
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 5 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
      • Christopher Cole Christopher Cole 5 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Yes I have experienced "Writer's Block." I believe almost every writer eventually comes across a time and place where they get stuck. What I do is spend a little time away to let my brain cool down, then I sort out various different ideas of the possibilities of what could happen in that story. I choose which one is best and makes the most sense or would be a good plot twist. I recommend writing an outline, so that you know what you want to happen then as you write the story you have time to think of how you want to cross that bridge when you come to it.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 5 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • My advice to aspiring writers would be to first figure out what kind of story you want to
        write and then write it down so you don’t forget or lose the details, especially ideas for
        that special story, because we do forget – life is busy and we move on to jobs and careers
        and the creative pieces in us are not fostered, encouraged or given time to be explored.
        Another important element is how you decide to tell the story. You can have the greatest
        story in the history of literature history but it won’t resonate if it’s not told right. There
        are books out there that have great plot but couldn’t get readership because of how the
        story was written. I tend to believe that if it’s too hard to make heads or tails out of a
        story, too hard to follow and understand, it won’t draw in or hold readers attention or
        interest. So, my advice is keep it crisp – not too easy, but not overly complex.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I started writing when I was nineteen back in 2012. At that time I wasn’t spending as much time with video games. I had several ideas in my head and I felt that if I didn’t get them on paper I’d simply lose or forget them – I suspect I felt the need to tell some of those stories. One day I went to Barnes and Noble and I started looking at books that caught my interest. I would say Neal Shusterman motivated me to write.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor