Ask Andrew Wilkes a question

Andrew Wilkes

Andrew Wilkes

Crime Fiction Mystery Supernatural Suspense Romantic Suspense Erotic Romance Dark Romance & Erotica Science Fiction Fantasy Horror
      • Andrew Wilkes Andrew Wilkes 5 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • No basis for comparison! Salarani is the main protagonist of Expectations. To write her i had to ask quite a few women some personal questions. I for instance don't have the same anatomy as a lady. Nor do i have the same emotional capability.
        I suffer from Asperger Syndrome, Emotionally speaking, I wasn't gifted well in that department. Though i have an amazing ability to listen and emulate. Sal is exactly that - Listening and emulating. Oddly she has been one of the largest emotional drains on me as a person. In some ways she has enabled me to connect to something deeper inside. She has changed me quite profoundly - in my understanding of myself and the human condition.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 5 years ago
      Allauthor
    • If you could choose three people to invite for a dinner party, who would they be and why?
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • The late Stephan Hawkins, I would have loved to theorise quantum physics with him.
        Anthony Hopkins, I don't know why, but there is something about him. I feel he may know something about the universe, something worth listening to.
        My Mum, Just to hear her voice 1 last time, to smell her hair and to hug her! I would trade 10 years of my life, just for that 1 moment.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 5 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Indeed i do, you can only write emotional work if you are willing to become emotionally involved with your characters. there has to be value in it. Connect with your protagonist and imagine how you would feel in their shoes.
        If you write murder, go to the darkest pit in your mind and put yourself not only in the victims position, but the murderers too. imagine the blade cutting the skin, and it being your hand guiding the blade - smell the blood in the air and see the terror in the victims eyes. Imagine how scared you would be if you were being carved up like a Sunday roast.
        Writing is terribly draining on your emotions! The reward though after is incredible. To hear people raving about your work is the single most empowering moment you'll ever have.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • As we move forward through time, people have become more interested in reading. It isn't just reserved for intellectuals and the like.
        My mother was an avid reader, her appetite for the written word was very difficult to sate. This was something she passed down to my siblings and I and in turn i have handed it down to my children.
        So to answer the question - yes, this generation is veracious in its appetite for not only stories, but factual works too.
        I am proud of our future generations, it will be they, that carry the torch and keep pen on paper.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • If 1 person reads my work and enjoys it! Then i have succeeded. Luckily i have found a reasonable amount of people that have enjoyed my literature.
        Is money and fame important to me? Not really.
        I wouldn't refuse either, but i am more than happy to just provide good content and enjoy the idea that i encouraged a smile or brought a tear to the eye of a reader.
        That is and always will be my success.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • My mind is awash with odd things and scary places. I felt a need to share some of them with you!
        I love the human mind and how written words can create thought provoking ideas within other's.
        Writing is my way of connecting with people, and not to sound corny, but on a level that is more than meaningful.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor