Ask Mary Deal a question

Mary Deal

Mary Deal

Thriller Suspense Mystery Action & Adventure Contemporary Romance Advice & How To
      • Mary Deal Mary Deal 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Punctuation, punctuation, punctuation! You can write rigid English or slang and colloquialisms, foreign phrases, and more where it's all applicable. But without correct punctuation, the words and sentences will fall flat. Other important elements are sentence structure, purpose, having beginnings, middles, and endings to stories; some stories flounder all over the place. This is a broad topic that begs further discussion.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • When I write, I know nothing else. I used to write anywhere from 8 to 15 hours a day. That would include editing and some research. But my schedule has changed. Some personal responsibilities have taken over my time. So when I write, I make best use of my time and know nothing else. Focus. Git 'er done!
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I read all my reviews. As far as the bad ones, I try to glean something of value, actually, from all my reviews. After reading so many, you get to know who knows what they're talking about. The ones that just want to rate you low because they're having a bad day - through no fault of yours or your book - you'll see through that and shine it on. You can't change it, so just keep improving and getting those good reviews. Getting hung up on bad reviews can incapacitate you. It's a lesson in feeling a sting and then throwing it off and moving on.
        Follow
        Author
      • I believe I have no difficulties writing from the opposite sex. (Have been told by readers, they love my males!) I'm at an advantage because I used to work as a Clinical Hypnotherapist. I can easily slip into a man's perspective. The main thing is that you need to think like a man if you're going to write like a man. I guess that's advice for woman, but the reverse is the same for men writing from the female perspective.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Always get away from your writing and out into fresh air for a while. If you're snowed in or some such, then do some stretches.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor