Ask J Svogar a question

J Svogar

J Svogar

Supernatural Suspense Contemporary Romance Historical Romance Erotic Romance Dark Romance & Erotica Fantasy Poetry Advice & How To Biographies & Memoirs
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
      • J Svogar J Svogar 4 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • I have indeed! The important thing to remember with Writer's Block is that every writer gets it from time to time. There will be days when you stare at your paper or monitor, and the blank page and blinking cursor seem to mock you.

Keep writing anyway. It doesn't matter if all you do that day is update a journal. Write. Your stories will come back to you, in time. If that doesn't work, go find a D&D Character Sheet blank template, and start filling it out for your characters. Really get to know them, on a stat level.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • "Don't be ashamed of your writing. The authors *YOU* admire didn't have their success at the age of 15, so it's fine if you don't either. And don't let the words of others influence your art. It's *YOUR* story to tell--not theirs."
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • When I have to write a scene that is particularly draining for me emotionally, I put on music that I think would be appropriate for what I'm writing. When I'm done, I *TAKE A BREAK*! Don't be afraid to let yourself live with the emotions the scene brings up in you, but then do something soothing to recharge. Take a bath, drink some coffee (or tea), watch something silly on TV for half an hour. Then get right back in there, take that bull by the horns, and write the next scene.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor