Ask Sherif Guirguis a question

Sherif Guirguis

Sherif Guirguis

Science Fiction Fantasy Teen & Young Adult
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • How do you think concepts such as Kindle, and e-books have changed the present or future of reading?
      • Sherif Guirguis Sherif Guirguis 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • It opened the world for the new authors, it exploded the number of books available to read and made it far cheaper for a reader to find their leisure in any genre.
        And it made the world a smaller place to boot, reader clubs now have books written from authors from all over the world, and the clubs themselves became as diversified as the authors.
        Follow
        Author
      • Fantasy and science fiction, of course, let the young brains dream and create, not to be stifled in drama and greek melodrama. There are enough fantasy and Science fiction classics to cover every curriculum of study on the planet.
        Follow
        Author
      • HAHAHA, The Trinity's Dream. That book was a silly challenge with a writer friend, to write and be published under a month, and I won, but as a result, the book was too short, only 35,000 words total.
        I actually plan to re-write it and publish it again.
        Follow
        Author
      • As I grew older, I gathered more experience, and this provided a library of emotions and events which I can borrow shamelessly from. It made my writing richer for it.
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • All the time, just mask it into the settings of the book, I think true experience is a writer's most powerful resource, as it makes the story far more relatable and believable.
        Follow
        Author
      • Sure I do, and I love the good and the bad, as long as it is not personal. The good helps me to feel better about myself, who doesn't? The bad help me to evolve my work and make it better.
        Follow
        Author
      • This is rather funny, my younger self was very driven until I faced the first disaster, involving having my work stolen and produced by others, which caused me to quit for almost 20 years.
        I would tell my younger self you should not have quit, and continue writing, it will pass.
        Follow
        Author
      • This is very subjective, but for me, it is consistency. I think to have a well-written story you need to be consistent in your tone through the story and if it has any sequels, they all need to have the same tone, voice, and pace.
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Procrastinate whenever it is possible. Seriously, even if you have only two hours to pursue your story every day, it will never hurt if you lose half an hour of those two hours to some serious time-wasting. It makes the pressure of what you wrote easier and lighter on your soul.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor