Ask J. D. Simmons a question

J. D. Simmons

J. D. Simmons

LGBT Biographies & Memoirs
      • J. D. Simmons J. D. Simmons 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I read and, often, reread my book reviews. I'm hungry to know what people honestly think of my book. Of course, the good reviews are affirmation of the blood, sweat, and tears poured into my work. I haven't really received what I would call a "bad review" yet. I did have one person on twitter respond that she thought my book needed more sex and didn't speak to her as a lesbian. With my book being a memoir, I could only truthfully tell my own story. I believe my book speaks to a wide audience because of the central themes of marriage, finding love, finding self, and living the best life.
      • J. D. Simmons J. D. Simmons 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I started writing poems in college after a break-up with my true love. I never entertained writing as a career and didn't major in journalism in school. As a teacher, I was required to write in many different ways in my job. Early in my career, I had to write for a school wide project and one of my peers that reviewed the full project came to me and said, "Wow, your section didn't require any rewrites or editing. It was that good!" It was the first time in my life that anyone had complimented my writing. During my career, I was asked by my administrators to frequently use my writing skills and was always told I did a good job. Through the years, I often commented to friends and family, "I want to write a book someday." After the life-changing events of my own divorce, I was encouraged by my partner and friends to consider writing a book. From the time that I began, it took almost eight years to finish and publish my book! It was a long, drawn out process because I had a lot of self-doubt about putting it all out there. Several times, even after I started writing, I would put my book aside and not touch it for long periods of time and then something or someone would encourage me to return to my writing. I would love to think that I have another book inside of me!
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor