Ask J.I. O'Neal a question

J.I. O'Neal

J.I. O'Neal

Crime Fiction Action & Adventure Historical Fiction Christian Fiction Science Fiction Fantasy Horror Teen & Young Adult
      • J.I. O'Neal J.I. O'Neal 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Despite the old adage, everyone judges your book by its cover - including the title, so they need to not only be eye-catching, but also convey the tone and genre of the book. I believe it's important to be aware of trends in your genre but not to be limited by them. There won't be a new trend until someone steps out and goes in a new direction.
        Follow
        Author
      • I work mostly in crime fiction, but I have written in other genres: sci-fi, adventure, fantasy, historical fiction and drama. I don't know if I could pick just one :(
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      CurrentAllauthor
    • If you had the choice to rewrite any of your books, which one would it be and why?
        Follow
        Author
      • I actually have done this. My first book was published in 2013, and I thought I was happy with it. But five years later, I realized the opportunities I had missed for making the book so much better. So, I pulled the original from publication, made the changes, and re-released it as the 5th Anniversary Revised Edition. I am so glad I took the chance, especially since I've sold more copies of the new edition than I ever did of the original :)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • For me, the best way to combat writer's block or when the inspiration seems to dry up is to move on to a different project. I keep a minimum of three WIPs going at once so I can rotate through them. When I hit a wall in one, I work on number two until I get stuck there, then number three, etc. Usually, by the time I rotate back to number one, it has percolated and simmered in the back of mind long enough for a solution to the issue I was having to present itself.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor