Ask Vanessa Burke a question

Vanessa Burke

Vanessa Burke

Historical Fiction Christian Fiction Poetry Christian Nonfiction Religion & Spirituality
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
      • Vanessa Burke Vanessa Burke 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • My advice for aspiring writers is simply this: Write from your heart without stopping to worry about grammar, punctuation, flow, transition, perfect character personalities, plots, etc. Just get your ideas out of your head onto the paper—or on whatever mechanism you choose to write. The plan is to write whatever comes to your head and heart to get the gist of the story written. You may surprise yourself if you just let yourself go and write—our imaginations are bigger than we think. You can go back and refine and add more details, facts and research findings later. Besides, editors are ‘a thing’! They can help iron out the kinks and help you create your masterpiece. Now, hop to it! 😊
      • Vanessa Burke Vanessa Burke 4 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • If I had the chance to live my life again, I would choose to pursue communications and writing from the beginning. After receiving both B.S. and M.S. degrees in engineering and computer science because I knew it would make ‘lots of money’—then working in the field for eight years and realizing I was miserable—I finally switched over to the writing industry. I have been blessed to publish a plethora of articles in magazines, online blogs and a devotional book. I believe I could have achieved more in the writing industry; published more books; and truly be a full-time writer if I had chosen and pursued communications from the beginning with all my heart. Bottom line: Instead of going after the money, go after your heart. Your
        life will be richer, more meaningful and more peaceful. Selah.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor