Ask S L Hollister a question

S L Hollister

S L Hollister

Thriller Suspense Contemporary Romance Romantic Suspense
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
      • S L Hollister S L Hollister 3 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Writers block often comes from outside interference and be a simple case of being overwhelmed and needing to regroup. I find taking a walk, putting on music and dancing, or just doing a chore can get the writing moving again.
        A second case of writers block is writing yourself into a corner you cannot see a way out of, go back a read what you've written until you find where you went off the rail. Sometimes it's an easy fix, other times it is a complete rewrite, ugh.
        Follow
        Author
      • Believe in yourself. Don't be afraid of failing. The only way to succeed is to take chances. My dad often teased me when we played cards, "Scared money don't make money." It's true of any endeavor. If you allow fear to stop you, you won't do it. Risk a little if you need to be cautious but do it.
        Follow
        Author
      • I started writing as a child. My first love story was at the age of ten. It grew out of my love of reading. Growing up in a rural community I was often alone and had to entertain myself. My books, writing, drawing and crafts became my entertainment. I used these talents at school, church and later when I started my family.
        Follow
        Author
      • Living in a small town and working with the public I am well known locally but it still surprises me when someone recognizes me for my writing. I am overjoyed when someone has read my books and liked them. I even listen and try to learn when they are not as complimentary. So far, I haven't been accosted by strangers but I am hopeful.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor