Ask Mary Morrison a question

Mary Morrison

Mary Morrison

Action & Adventure Biographies & Memoirs General Nonfiction
      • Mary Morrison Mary Morrison 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I got the idea of traveling to all seven continents when I was a young girl and voraciously read travel adventure books. This year I took a cruise to Antartica, so I reached my goal in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. I'm glad I went when I did because the cruise industry is dead right now.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • How do you think concepts such as Kindle, and e-books have changed the present or future of reading?
        Follow
        Author
      • I'm very attached to my kindle because I travel a lot. Now I can take hundreds of books with me, whereas before I had to consider the weight and space books used, as well as the high expense of buying books in English in foreign countries. I do know people that abhor kindle and will only read hard cover books. I feel that limits your reading due to lack of portability and needing good light to read by. I love bookstores, but I think they are going extinct.
        Follow
        Author
      • Kids have different sensory capacities nowadays. We didn't have computers when I was young, much less X boxes and Iphones. Television only had a few channels, and if there was a basketball game on the one television in the house, you were out of luck for anything different. Reading a book was a wonderful, solitary pleasure. There are too many options these days, for better or worse.
        Follow
        Author
      • When I was a teenager I wanted to be Lois Lane. I was Feature Editor of my high school newspaper and had my own weekly column to write whatever I wanted. I majored in Journalism my first two years of college, but things were going digital at a rapid pace, and newspapers were hanging on by a thread. Prospects weren't looking good so I changed majors and didn't write much for several years.
        Follow
        Author
      • When I self published my first book, my very first Amazon review was four stars. It took a lot of five star reviews to get out of that hole. It would have felt a lot better to start with a five and the four star wouldn't take the average down so much. I'm grateful that I've never gotten below a four star. All it takes is someone having a bad day and I've been lucky my book seems to put people in a good mood.
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • My childhood dream was to be a writer, but it got lost in the maelstrom of life. Eventually I found myself a divorced, unemployed, empty-nester, so I had a lot of spare time on my hands. My life became more centered on me instead of other people. I started traveling and volunteering a lot, and I just had to write about it. I published my first book and two more are in process.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor