Ask Sarah Reilley a question

Sarah Reilley

Sarah Reilley

Suspense Mystery Women's Fiction Teen & Young Adult
      • Sarah Reilley Sarah Reilley 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • As a former teacher, kids today are far less engaged in books then they used to be. They aren't aware that they could become writers as well, and don't see it as a viable career choice.
        Follow
        Author
      • I do read them. If the review is from a reader, I consider that we all have different tastes and even some of the most widely beloved books/authors have readers who absolutely hated the story. We can't please everyone. Professional reviews are a bit tougher when they're not stellar, but those are especially important to read because they allow for the feedback that will help me grow as a writer.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • It's so important to remember that our characters come from somewhere inside us. My strongest characters come out in ways I can't control, and their feelings become mine very quickly. It's part of my process to absorb and feel those emotions thoroughly. That means, though, that sometimes I need to walk away for a while and recover from the experience. Find something that keeps you grounded in your reality, and hold on to the things which remind you that the character may have roots in reality, but they aren't you. Do something fun and silly to step out of the deeper emotions. Most importantly, be honest about the experience. It can be overwhelming.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor