Ask Victoria J. Hyla a question

Victoria J. Hyla

Victoria J. Hyla

Contemporary Romance Romantic Suspense New Adult Romance Paranormal Romance Romance Women's Fiction Children's
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
      • Victoria J. Hyla Victoria J. Hyla 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Of course. In my published books so far, maybe it's a minor character here or there or a phrase or situation I've been in. Like the Paris store merchant scene in Awake in Elysian Fields really happened to me. And the twins in that book are based on my own. All the little kids (except Elyse) are based on kids I've actually known in my life. My next book goes a bit more close to home in the setup situation for the book. Actual life experiences, but that's a major jump for me.
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Who doesn't? For me, I get up, walk around, and go about menial tasks while I keep thinking through the block, the issue or the scene that is troubling me. I always keep my phone close at hand so if and when the inspiration strikes or I get through the block, I can jot down ideas (sometimes vague, sometimes full scenes) and then transfer them to my manuscript the next time I can sit down. Just keep writing, just keep writing.
      Allauthor
    • If you could choose three people to invite for a dinner party, who would they be and why?
        Follow
        Author
      • Joss Whedon, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and James Marsters (Joss and Lin because they are brilliant writers and I can't get enough of their work and I'd just like to soak in the amazingness of their wordsmithing; James because he's hands downs my favorite actor. I would just love to talk to him.)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor