Ask Kat Jorgensen a question

Kat Jorgensen

Kat Jorgensen

Mystery
      • Kat Jorgensen Kat Jorgensen 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I have a word count that I try to reach each day when I'm writing. I allow myself time to get up and move around. During those stretches or walks, I'm thinking about the next plot point or where I want to take the story next. Once I get my daily count, I reassess how I'm feeling mentally and physically. Some days I may push forward. Other days, my body and my mind are just done. It's very rare that I don't make my word counts in a day.
        Follow
        Author
      • I've always been told that I have a very clean writing style. I think that has gotten even better over the years. I also feel much more comfortable with my writing style these days. I feel very engaged with my writing and I'm happy with what I produce. So I'd just say I think I've gotten better with the years.
        Follow
        Author
      • Having a good cover and a catchy title is critical in my opinion. They may not make your book a success, but they sure can hinder success. Go back to the old saying, you never get a chance to make another first impression. So go in strong with the very best cover your designer can do and come up with a suitable title that works in your genre. Don't skimp on a DIY cover or a bad cover. It matters. A lot.
        Follow
        Author
      • I used to read book reviews. I could have a dozen good reviews and the one not so good one would just undo me. I'd focus on that. Over the years, I've learned not to read things that bother me. So now I rarely read any reviews on my books.
        Follow
        Author
      • I used to read book reviews. I could have a dozen good reviews and the one not so good one would just undo me. I'd focus on that. Over the years, I've learned not to read things that bother me. So now I rarely read any reviews on my books.
        Follow
        Author
        Follow
        Author
      • I'd tell my younger writing self to relax and enjoy the process. Learn as much as you can along the way. But write no matter what. Learn and keep writing.
        Follow
        Author
      • I have always wanted to write. As long as I can remember I have had that desire. I made up stories as a child to entertain my friends. Writing was magical to me. It is a dream come true to be on this journey and see the books I write in print and enjoyed by others. That is an amazing feeling.

For the last twenty years I have pursued my writing as a serious writer.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • I think it's key to keep your writing in perspective. You can burn out if you aren't careful. I've seen it happen too many times. Know that you are in this for the long haul. You will have good times and bad. Know that going into it. Take time for yourself. Treat yourself well. Practice good self care. Connect with other writers and develop a strong support system. Never give up on your dreams or yourself.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor