Ask Jay Caselberg a question

Jay Caselberg

Jay Caselberg

Mystery Literary Fiction Science Fiction Fantasy Horror Teen & Young Adult
      • Jay Caselberg Jay Caselberg 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Ignore that book you read that said you couldn't write a proper novel till the age of 40 or more because you didn't have the life experience. What nonsense. Yet, it was there in a book about writing. Sometimes, it's too easy to believe the things that you read. It's like all writing advice. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. That whole 'write every day' mantra. I think that's nonsense. Of course that also depends how you define writing. Is the formulation of ideas writing? Is the processing in your back brain writing? I think they probably are. But sitting down, fingers to keyboard, pen to paper, no. My process doesn't work like that.
        Follow
        Author
      • I write early in the morning, mostly, and then in hour sessions during the day. I will write until I stop, get up, wander around, go for a walk and then come back. In the morning probably because I do my best thinking in the shower.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • All the time. As I wander around, I am gathering sights, smells, interactions, events. All of these are grist for the mill. I have written a couple of ghost stories based on true events. I wrote a book based around some things that happened. I think every author does to some extent.
      • Jay Caselberg Jay Caselberg 2 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • All authors have a certain level of vanity, so yes. Good ones, I accept gratefully. Bad ones? Well, they're just rubbish, aren't they? Often I find a bad review comes because I pushed someone's buttons, or they came in expecting something else. Expectations can be very limiting.
      • Jay Caselberg Jay Caselberg 2 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I really don't remember that. I just wrote. I don't think I can remember not writing. The plan to do something with it really came much later.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor