Ask Margaret Holbrook a question

Margaret Holbrook

Margaret Holbrook

Crime Fiction Mysteries Women's Fiction Poetry
      • Margaret Holbrook Margaret Holbrook 1 year ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I hope I've planned enough to make it straightforward, but, it's not always like that. Calls don't get returned, and the waiting game can add time you can't give when you're trying to work to a deadline. My last book was a bit like this, stressful, but I'm looking forward to writing the next.
        Follow
        Author
      • Titles I struggle with and I have sometimes had an idea and then thrown it open to my readers as a competition, just to help me along. It works, sometimes. And as an indie author covers are vitally important. I changed one cover three times over as many years. I think it's about right now and the sales have gone up. It has more appeal, so more likely to be picked of the book shop shelf. So, title and cover, vitally important if you want readers.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 1 year ago
      CurrentAllauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Don't let rejections get you down. Always resubmit your work and someone along the line will appreciate it. Even if they don't accept that particular piece they may ask to see more of your work. And this is a big one, listen to the editors, they're reading work everyday for a living, they want to advise not put down, they are on your side. I have changed one story, Crow Song, three times for different publications. It has been published 3 times. If I had refused to edit it would still be in my files.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor