Ask Donna J.A. Olson a question

Donna J.A. Olson

Donna J.A. Olson

Contemporary Romance Historical Romance Paranormal Romance Dark Romance & Erotica Historical Fiction Fantasy Horror Teen & Young Adult Poetry
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 5 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
      • Donna J.A. Olson Donna J.A. Olson 5 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes. I change it some but I find that hardships that I come across in real life will allow me to write the pain more realistically. It is never exactly what happened to me, but it can help me tap into the emotion needed for a particular scene.
      • like (2)
        • Christine U. Cowin Christine U. Cowin 4 years ago
          Follow
          Author
        • Hi Donna,
          I am writing my autobiography so what I’m writing on is my true life experiences. However all the names of people, places, etc have been changed.
        Follow
        Author
      • People purchasing my books to read. That is why I wanted to be a writer. I wanted others to read my work and enjoy it. The other day I was so excited to find out that someone in the Netherlands had purchased one of my books to read. To me that is a huge compliment because I as an author reach someone in another a country.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I try not to compare my writing to other authors because I want people to read my books because they are unique, different and interesting and not because they are similar to another author's. But genre wise my writing is similar to Lynsay Sand, Gena Showalter or Kresley Cole. Because I created my own paranormal/ fantasy world that is hidden in side the real world around us.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I feel that a good cover and title are very important. No matter how much we say do not judge a book by it's cover, it is the first thing we do judge. If we as readers do not like the cover or the title, we do not even bother reading the synopsis, which also means that we then do not bother to buy or read the book. So we have to be just as careful in choosing a cover and a title as we are in writing the actual book.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor