Ask John Simpson a question

John Simpson

John Simpson

Thriller Action & Adventure Literary Fiction Christian Fiction
      • John Simpson John Simpson 5 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • While a best seller would be nice, my dream goal would be to convince Hollywood that my book would make a great movie or series!

I worked really hard with Damonza, an all-star team of award-winning designers and book trailer experts based in New Zealand (they also worked with me on my design concept for the front cover of my book) to give readers a high quality audio-visual taste of my upcoming novel by way of a superb book trailer. Using a unique sound track from Nox Arcana (a musical duo of Joseph Vargo and William Piotrowski), stunning imagery, and featuring a truly cinematic voice-over to give viewers a sense of the story.

What better tool to show Hollywood that my book would make a great movie? And in the process, differentiating myself from the majority of other authors!

Check it out on YouTube:
        https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+virtual+messiah
        Follow
        Author
      • "The Virtual Messiah" is Book One of a Two-Part fictional series - The Tribulation series. The story blends genres – part religious zeitgeist, part mystery thriller novel if you like – that combines Christian eschatology, Nostradamus and bible prophecy with modern science and technology, and yet is rooted in the believable. Think “Left Behind”, the series of 16 best-selling religious novels by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins (dealing with End Times prophecies) meets Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code and Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park for a unique eclectic mix.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 5 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • I was born in Liverpool in the United Kingdom in 1967. I was sadly widowed in 2014 and many of my own personal life experiences helped create the main character of Paul Lazarus and to express the pain of loss and grieving. Many years ago I had my own personal burning bush moment in the unlikeliest of places and I incorporated this experience into a key chapter of the book. I also introduced scenes that played to some of my greatest fears!
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Most of us have heard the line, “Everyone has a novel in them”, I prefer to believe that everyone has a story in them or can be a storyteller. I always had a fascination with stories, books and writing, I loved to read as a kid, but it wasn’t like I’d always wanted to write a book, or even that I knew anything about writing a book. Suddenly I had an impulse to write, to discover and learn. I wanted to create something interesting and compelling. I believe you can be called to write a story in the same way a preacher is called to preach.

That master storyteller Jeffrey Archer once said that storytelling is a God-given gift. While I aspire to be a great storyteller, maybe even a great writer, I do believe I have a great, God-given story. The dream never faded regardless of the distractions and pressures of work or the trials and tribulations of life, some of the worst of which I was yet to face.

I started writing the Virtual Messiah over a decade ago!
        Follow
        Author
      • I think its very important to make a great first impression and a good book cover and a catchy title is the first impression that a book will create on potential readers. I take seriously the need to package and market my book professionally in the massively competitive world of book selling, especially on Amazon. In a bookshop it’s the first thing a reader sees and usually the reason a customer picks up the book in the first place. I think this holds true for online retailing too, book covers are just as important for the thumbnail image of ebooks to catch the eye in a myriad online list of books. A professional book cover with an imaginative title sets an expectation to the reader that there is something compelling to read inside!
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor