Ask Jacqueline Mead a question

Jacqueline Mead

Jacqueline Mead

Children's Poetry
      • Jacqueline Mead Jacqueline Mead 5 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • When I started on my journey I just wanted to leave a legacy for my children and grandchildren.
        Now though my books are like my babies, I want people to buy them, read them, like them, share them.
        I want to walk into WH Smith and Waterstones and find my books on their bookshelves.
        Follow
        Author
      • I started writing poetry after I was knocked over by a motorbike in 2017. I was in the Capital, London one weekend afterward and I had one arm broken and in a cast and the other arm badly damaged, with soft tissue damage and in a splint.
        After I returned home to Exeter, I asked Keith (my husband) to assist me in adding some speech recognition software to my laptop and I wrote my first Poem, called More. It was about the vulnerabilities I felt at that time in London as people waltzed by me not looking where they were going, mostly captivated by the mobile phone in their hand.
        I felt they were missing the More in life and my first Poem More was written.
        Next, I started thinking about a story I used to tell my children at bedtime, one that I made up for them and they would always ask for me to tell it to them instead of a storybook, of course, my story included actions as well as words.
        My first children's books Two Princes and A Princess Fly to the Moon is that story, the one I made up for their bedtime routine. It published in November 2017 and the children in the book are my children, their real names and the images of them are based on my real children too, although all 3 of them are much grown and the two boys both have children of their own.
        Follow
        Author
      • I write children's books that rhyme. I would compare my style to that of Julia Donaldson, Author of so many good books, The Gruffalo, Room on the Broom, The Snail and The Whale to name a few.
        Julia has been writing for a long time and is an inspiration.
        I have been writing only a couple of years both Poetry and Children's Books and would like one day to see my books in different formats throughout stores as well as online.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor