Ask Jeanine Lunsford a question

Jeanine Lunsford

Jeanine Lunsford

Contemporary Romance New Adult Romance Women's Fiction Christian Fiction
      • Jeanine Lunsford Jeanine Lunsford 5 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • When you're busy and have a million things distracting you, you don't have a lot of time for tedious paragraphs of prose. Today's readers want less prose and more punch. They want realistic, relatable characters. They want to be captivated by the story. I suppose you could call that less art, in terms of the feel of the classics, but more in terms of the author's ability to pull their readers into a character's inner struggle.
      • like (2)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 5 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • Truth: many people judge books by their covers--and covers include titles, so both are ultra important. It is the purpose of a title to wrap up the personality of the book in a few words. If the title doesn't express the book's soul, it hasn't done its job.
        In my opinion, it is imperative that an author find an excellent graphic design artist or book cover designer to help them to achieve a quality book cover. There are probably gobs of great, published stories out there that will never be read because the title doesn't work or because the book cover has been poorly designed.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I'm thankful that it's been easy for me to get inside my male characters' heads. I guess my upbringing might have something to do with that. (My mother was married several times, and as I grew up, I lived with a variety of step-brothers of all ages.) I find members of the opposite sex easy to relate to. When I'm writing, the thoughts and actions of my male characters flow just as freely as those of my female characters.
        Follow
        Author
      • I have a ginormous imagination. I've always wanted to write the stories my mind is constantly coming up with, but I could never find the time. (Up until two years ago, I'd always spent every spare moment of time I had creating artwork.) One day, a picture I had drawn of a lovely girl with long, red hair became a character in one of the stories I make up in my mind. After I'd given her a name, I felt compelled to write her story. I guess the "writing-bug" bit me at that point because I've been writing ever since.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor