Ask Stephen B King a question

Stephen B King

Stephen B King

Crime Fiction Thriller Suspense Romantic Suspense
      • Stephen B King Stephen B King 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Thrillers - obviously with the age group in mind. As a child I loved the Enid Blyton Famous Five, and Secret Seven books. I couldn't wait to get a new one, and every single time I went to the shops with my mother I looked for them. I think kids love to be thrilled, and in some ways scared. Steven Spielberg knows this well. Don't force kids to read literature - though that too has its place, let them read exciting tales of kids finding adventure.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Whether is be M or F, from any POV, the critical thing is to KNOW YOUR CHARACTER INSIDE AND OUT. It's not good enough to write from a female POV as a man would think and feel, and it takes a lot of work, and being critiqued to do it well. So my advice is to write what you think he, or she, would think do or say, but then get some opinions from a member of that sex to make sure it rings true.
        Follow
        Author
      • Start earlier. For many years I thought about writing a book - or many as the ideas kept coming. But I had a million excuses not to. I should have ignored those and gone with my heart and written. As we authors write more, we get better at the craft. I wish I had written twenty more stories
      • like (1)
      • Stephen B King Stephen B King 5 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • For me, it all about the characters. If I can create characters that the reader invests in, and cares what happens to them, then hold on tight, we are going on a roller coaster. The best plot lines in the world become boring if the reader doesn't care about the people. A writer I admire very much once said, when the story slows down, put your protagonist up a tree and throw rocks at him/her. That is very good advice for any aspiring writer.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor