Ask J Denison Reed a question

J Denison Reed

J Denison Reed

Crime Fiction Thriller Suspense Action & Adventure
      • J Denison Reed J Denison Reed 2 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Just keep writing. The ideas will come. The most difficult part is getting your story out. That is the beginning. Changing and re-writing the story is the fun and most creative part.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 2 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • Of course. This is why it has taken me so long to write my first novel. I started three novels before my debut, Clifford's War. I would develop a block and quit. The stories still rattle inside me. My best tip is to keep going, even if it makes no sense. keep writing even if the ideas are not there yet. Talk it out with a trusted friend or family member. There were so many ideas I had that I needed to get a second opinion on from my wife. Sometimes she would even respond in a way that would spark ideas and boost my creativity.
        Follow
        Author
      • Creating relatable characters, their dialog, and re-writing/editing. Each character has to be different and unique. They must also sound and speak differently to the reader. Not only does this create a repour with the reader, it makes them distinct.
        Have you ever watched a TV show and a character did something "Uncharacteristic"? You said to yourself, "They would never do something like that! Same goes for writing.
        Re-writing and editing are very important. Think of outlining your story as dropping your clay onto a slab. It looks like nothing. You have to cut clay out, add more clay, and mold it into a work of art. Treat your writing the same way. Write your story, cut some out, add more details, and line edit until it's perfect. That is how you create a good story.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor