Ask J.C. Paulson a question

J.C. Paulson

J.C. Paulson

Crime Fiction Mystery Romantic Suspense Historical Fiction
      • J.C. Paulson J.C. Paulson 1 year ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Thank you, Lily! I'm presently working on the sixth book (and fifth novel) in my Adam and Grace mystery series. I just completed a wee children's book, which lands June 1. After that, I plan a sequel to my western, Blood and Dust, which will take place around 1905 when my province actually BECAME a province. Lots of political fodder there!
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I have already changed genres. I thought I would always write contemporary mystery, but in the last year I've published a historical fiction/western (Blood and Dust) and a wee children's book (Magic Mack and The Mischief-Makers). As Yogi Berra said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." I think I was too focused on the one genre — although I continue to write mysteries (laced with a little love) — to see other inspirational moments and opportunities, at first. Now I try to go with them.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 1 year ago
      Allauthor
    • If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
        Follow
        Author
      • Oof, just one!?
        I would love to have written Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible. SO brilliant and epic. And also her Unsheltered, a brilliant allegorical political work.
        I also want to be Dorothy L. Sayers when I grow up. I want to have written (interesting verb tense there) both Gaudy Night and Busman's Honeymoon. Fabulous mysteries interwoven with complex relationships.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 1 year ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • All the time. Some have been minor life or less-minor work events (in journalism) that have inspired the message and ultimately the tale. For example, my husband and I stumbled upon a rusted-out, bullet-riddled Fleetline (car) in the middle of the forest. That discovery, along with some research and wild imagingings, became Two Hundred Bones.
        Follow
        Author
      • I do. There are many good reasons NOT to read reviews, to be sure, but one can learn a lot from a thoughtful review, good or bad.
      • J.C. Paulson J.C. Paulson 2 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Thank you so much, Roderick! If you like mysteries (mixed with a little romantic suspense), my first in the series is Adam's Witness, so best to start there. If something more western/historical fiction ish is to your taste, please consider Blood and Dust, my newest. So kind of you.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor