Ask Gypsy Reed a question

Gypsy Reed

Gypsy Reed

Crime Fiction Thriller Suspense Supernatural Suspense Action & Adventure Contemporary Romance Romantic Suspense Paranormal Romance Erotic Romance Dark Romance & Erotica Humor Fantasy Horror Poetry
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • What is that one thing you think readers generally don't know about your specific genre?
      • Gypsy Reed Gypsy Reed 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I think those that dislike the romance genre simply have not read a good romance novel. It has everything you could want in an engaging story, including the sexy bits.
        Follow
        Author
      • I always do and always will. I have not received any negative reviews, but I would heed them and use them to become better. If a reader takes the time to review one of my books, I will not snub their efforts by not reading what they have written about my work.
        Follow
        Author
      • Finding the time to write and working with my muse who is often fickle and sings to me when I am incapable of putting fingers to keyboard.
        Follow
        Author
      • Paid reviews. Enough said. Getting reviews is especially difficult for an indie author. Fake reviews whether paid or not are the bane of any struggling writer's existence.
        Follow
        Author
      • Since I write romance it would have to be the sexy bits. I don't know how it feels to be a man, but I have a vivid imagination and I use it well.
        Follow
        Author
      • I want to write a story or series that resonates with readers. It doesn't have to be a bestseller, it only has to be embraced and appreciated by fans. I would like to be one reader's favorite author.
        Follow
        Author
      • I would publish sooner, either traditionally or as an indie like I am now. Honestly, I don't know if I could give up the total control I have over my art as it stands to be an indie. I would have nailed down the art of blogging successfully first maybe ten years ago. I would have studied digital design and marketing instead of only literature in college.
      Allauthor
    • How do you think concepts such as Kindle, and e-books have changed the present or future of reading?
        Follow
        Author
      • I wrote a flash fiction piece for my blog called "The Net" that pokes fun at what social media will do to literature/literacy in the future. But I think it's a good thing, any steps we take to improve literacy and knowledge can't be bad. I think books are going to evolve along with technology, or what we think of as books.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I would choose horror. I like shocking readers, and it's also my second favorite genre to read. There's a lot you can do with a scary story. I have written some short stories that fill the bill.
      • like (1)
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Work on more than one project at a time, when you get burned out from one WIP, dig into another. This is very beneficial if you write in more than one genre. I write mostly romance, but thankfully there are so many subgenres, I have a good variety to sink my typing fingers into. Don't stop writing, that's generally a mistake, make it a habit every day. You can vary how many pages you write, but that's all. A lapse in creativity creates more of that, so don't do it. It's dangerous stuff!
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Well, an interesting story, a well-nuanced deeply personal one, works for me. Good readability, easy reading is hard to write well. A clear voice, staying on point and never indulging in contrived anything. The story should flow and believability is crucial to me personally. Surprises and shocking endings are some things I incorporate in my books. Unpredictable romance, like life brings me joy and hopefully readers as well.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I've had a life long love affair with literature from a young age. I was daydreamer first, telling myself stories, even as a little girl. I began writing as a teenager, it was an outlet for angst overload. Mostly I wrote poems, very sad, morbid poetry. As an adult, I began writing for myself, I find immense relief in putting words on the page and telling stories with a lot of layers. Like my romances, there's a lot more than meets the eye in them. Some readers will get my subtext, some won't, but I hope they all enjoy my tales.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor