Ask Sherri Fulmer Moorer a question

Sherri Fulmer Moorer

Sherri Fulmer Moorer

Suspense Mystery Science Fiction Advice & How To
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
      • Sherri Fulmer Moorer Sherri Fulmer Moorer 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • How do you think writer's get ideas for their novels? Every book I've written is based on something that happened to me in real life, and all of my characters are a combination of real people I know. Real life really is the best inspiration for fiction.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Making time to write. I have a full time job outside of the home, so I can stay busy from the time my alarm clock goes off in the morning until the time I go to bed without writing a single word. Like most women, I have to make time for what I want (like writing) and this is difficult and often meets resistance. You have to be pretty bull-headed, persistent, and stubborn to be a writer. It definitely won't work out if you don't have a genuine love for it!
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Vanity publishing. I recently heard from an online friend that she got burned by a vanity publisher who charged her a fortune to publish her first book, and then practically enabled it to be pirated. I encouraged her to either check with my ebook publishers, or to self publish. Once again, ebooks save the day, because there are ethical practices in place to help authors even if you self publish. Don't EVER pay to publish your book through a vanity press. You can do it for free so many other ways in ebook format!
      • like (1)
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • To be a best-selling, indie author. I want to see The Earthside Box Set and The Tanger Falls mystery adapted to a Netflix or HBO series, and to write more series for TV adaptation. Not movie - TV. I believe TV is a more personal medium because it establishes a regular audience who tunes in to watch over time, instead of going to the theater once every few years. I want that "connection" that ebooks and TV offer to readers and viewers.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • How do you think concepts such as Kindle, and e-books have changed the present or future of reading?
        Follow
        Author
      • I think it's the greatest thing to happen to the book industry since the printing press. Honestly, the traditional publishing industry limits both readers and writers so much. They're so exclusive that it's impossible to get published that way unless you're already established, or you have "connections" in the industry. Isn't enough of life like that? I love ebooks, because it evens the playing field. It gives everybody a chance, and it gives readers more options as well. I don't think many readers realized how limited their choices were under that old "bookstore" model, but now they're opening their eyes to a whole new, bigger world. Honestly, I think the traditional publishing industry is dying. It just doesn't have much to offer writers or readers, and more people are becoming aware of that.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor