Ask Phyllis P. Colucci a question

Phyllis P. Colucci

Phyllis P. Colucci

Suspense Mystery Contemporary Romance Romantic Suspense Romance Poetry
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 1 year ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
      • Phyllis P. Colucci Phyllis P. Colucci 1 year ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Absolutely, like any other writer does. So when "Writer's Block" shows its nasty face and sits beside me, I take a step back and let it run its course like a bad flu - and it does. Before I know it, it's gone and I am back in my creative world. It's all about the passage of time and patience. As they say - "patience is a virtue".
        Follow
        Author
      • The most difficult part of my artistic process is getting started. For me, it all starts from just one word which leads into one sentence, one paragraph, one page, one story, one poem - and then I am home free. So I need to find that one word; which can come from a dream, a walk in the park, an encounter with a stranger, a conversation with a friend, etc. That one word will always be found by living life each day and paying attention to my surroundings.
        Follow
        Author
      • I have been writing since I was a child in grammar school when my teacher asked everyone in the class to go home and write a short poem. So I wrote about the family dog and discovered that I loved putting my thoughts into words, and I had loads of fun making those words rhyme. Little did I know, that was the start of my journey as a poet. Throughout my teens to adulthood, I tried my hand at short stories and novels as well. Today that passion is an extension of who I am and I am quite happy when I am writing. I love writing stories and developing characters in a world I get to create.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 1 year ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • When you feel emotionally drained or stressed out from writing, just have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and relax. Take a time-out. Call a friend, watch your favorite tv show, take a nap - Whatever you need to do to relax and clear your mind - do it. You will feel calm and refreshed in no time; and the passion you possess as a writer will get you back on track. That is who you are. So write on!
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor