Ask Marcus Moutra a question

Marcus Moutra

Marcus Moutra

Fantasy Teen & Young Adult Children's
      • Marcus Moutra Marcus Moutra 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I would love to be able to live off of writing, and publishing books. A bonus would be having some of my artwork displayed in museums worldwide.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • How do you think concepts such as Kindle, and e-books have changed the present or future of reading?
        Follow
        Author
      • I believe Kindle and e-books are a curse and a blessing. The blessing is that they allow readers to read on the go, and they help eliminate taking up bookshelf space. However, for us indies, there's a downside. The curse is when authors make their book free. The reason is most of the time the people who have downloaded a book don't leave a review. When my book was free I hit #25 out of the Top 100 Free Amazon Books. BUT the reviews for my book barely increased.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Literary success to me is when readers tell me that I have inspired them to not let go of their own dream(s). Too many people give up on their dream(s), because they let their self-doubts take over, and what other people think. The truth is accomplishing your goals/dreams doesn't have a time limit. Someone who graduates at 17 or 18 with their high school diploma is no better than someone who achieves their GED a year, or years later. As long as you have the faith/power to believe in yourself, and take the needed steps you can do it. #BabyStepsTurnIntoBigStepsEventually
        Follow
        Author
      • I don't have a specific schedule when it comes to writing. I try to write whenever I have time, especially when ideas pop in my head. The only time I don't write is when I have a headache (sitting too long in front of the computer), and/or when I'm under the weather.
      • like (1)
      CurrentAllauthor
    • What is that one thing you think readers generally don't know about your specific genre?
    • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Unfortunately, I believe that not enough people realize that it's okay for boys, and men to read fantasy books that involve magical girls being the center of attention. A book should never be gentrified. I've read reviews for book one where several reviewers have said, "This is a great book for pre-teen girls!" Okay, but what about the boys? Boys like fairies too!
      • like (2)
      Allauthor
    • When you were young, did you ever see writing as a career or full-time profession?
    • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • When I was in kindergarten I went to career day dressed as a doctor. To be honest, the only reason I thought about being a doctor was because I heared they made good money. However, deep down inside I knew I wanted to have a career that involved cartoon/anime characters. Thus, it wasn't until about fourth grade where I began writing what would later become, "The Fairy Squad Princesses" series. Even though, I know being a writer doesn't guarantee that I make a lot of money, I have no regrets. I write to help give people a few minutes to hours to escape the real world and inspire others to never give up on their dreams.
      • like (2)
        Follow
        Author
      • "A cover is nice but a cover is not the book." - Marry Poppins
        The cover is what draws me to pick up a book, but the synopsis and the first few pages are what determine if I want to purchase it. As for the title, I don't care if it is long or short. I'm also someone who loves the color turquoise, so if I see a book with that color on it, I'll automatically take a look at it without hesitation. lol
      • like (2)
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
    • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I'm sure every writer/author has experienced writer's block. I have experienced writer's block with every book that I wrote/typed. My best advice to overcome it is to start working on a different part of the story. I usually know how the story will begin and end, but what happens in the middle is the challenging part. Then there are times where I will start working on a different book. I currently have at least six stories I'm currently working on. My last advice would be to take a break, and get some sleep. Some of the ideas for my books came to me in my dreams.
      • like (2)
        Follow
        Author
      • I would tell my younger self that everything in life happens for a reason, and you just have to roll with the punches. There will be times you feel like you want to quit, but the moment you start telling yourself: I am good enough, I can do this, and I am worthy is the moment things will start falling into place. The way you think is what you allow to come into your life. There's already enough negativity in the world, and you don't need to add any more to it.
      • like (2)
        Follow
        Author
      • I read and share all my book reviews. So far, I have only gotten one bad book review. It's still lingering on the Amazon UK site, but all I could do was laugh at it. This female had even felt the need to talk about the reviewers (Amazon US) who left me positive reviews. She probably wanted to see if I would comment on her review, but I took the high road instead.
      • like (2)
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
    • like (2)
        Follow
        Author
      • I know you've probably heard this a thousand times, but never give up! As a self-published author, I knew up front that I wouldn't become the next big sensation overnight. It's going on a year since my first book released and I have barely made any sales. However, despite the lack of sales, I'm still happy that my work is out there for people who have discovered it to enjoy.
      • like (2)
        Follow
        Author
      • From the age of five, I realized I wanted to become an author and create my own cartoon characters to go along with each story. As a toddler, I fell in love watching television shows filled with mystery, such as Scooby-Doo, as well as magical adventures with your everyday good vs. evil, such as Sailor Moon and Winx Club. The more I watched the animations, the more I wanted to become the person who made the magic happen.
      • like (2)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor