Ask Laura Simmons a question

Laura Simmons

Laura Simmons

Romantic Suspense Paranormal Romance Fantasy
      • Laura Simmons Laura Simmons 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • It would probably be Fantasy. I kind of write in that genre now. My books are mostly paranormal romance, but I'm incorporating more Fantasy elements into my newer stories.
        Follow
        Author
      • I don't have a set schedule for writing. I work a full-time job so I write when I can which is usually in the evenings and on weekends.
        Follow
        Author
      • At some point in my life I might rewrite my debut novel, Little Bits of Karma. I feel I have grown as a writer and my last two books are much better than my first. While Little Bits of Karma has more good reviews than bad, I know where I can improve it. Maybe one day.
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes! When I was a little girl, I loved reading and told my parents I was going to write a book when I grew up. I don't know if it will ever become a full-time profession, but I'm going to keep writing books.
        Follow
        Author
      • I think it is extremely important. The title and the cover should convey to the reader what they can expect from the book. I think the cover is even more important than the title.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes. I experience writer's block all the time! It usually happens when I'm trying too hard to move a story forward. I know what I want to happen, but can't seem to get the characters to cooperate. Time is the best solution to writer's block. I step away and wait until the muse starts talking to me again. I also find that reading over what I have already written helps ignite the spark of creativity and helps me to overcome the block.
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Yes, I read all of them. For the bad ones, I ask myself if there is any truth to what the reviewer is saying. If I can admit that they have a point, I put that on my list of things to improve when I write my next book. For me personally, I find the three star reviews the most difficult to read because they are usually the most critical. When I'm feeling upset about a bad review, I go back and read all the good ones I've received. As long as the good outweighs the bad, I'm fine. Sometimes I'll read the bad reviews of a best-seller to make myself feel better. Bad reviews are part of life when you write books. Not everyone is going to love my stories.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor