Ask Fay Smith a question

Fay Smith

Fay Smith

Contemporary Romance Dark Romance & Erotica Science Fiction Fantasy
      • Fay Smith Fay Smith 2 months ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I feel that I have become more concise with my writing, choosing my verbiage carefully to make the most impact. I still struggle with "Show, don't tell." but I am getting better about it.
        Follow
        Author
      • No, because I believed your "work" was something you did to make money, but that you didn't enjoy. I have always LOVED writing and enjoyed spending time doing it. It was more like a dream for me.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 7 months ago
      CurrentAllauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • I have done that a lot. I've incorporated bits and pieces of things I have learned, or studied, or loved. I have used places I've been and know well. I have also given character personality traits, mine or someone else's, so that they are more realistic and believable.
        Follow
        Author
      • Sometimes I do read them, sometimes I don't. I deal with them both the same way; I thank the reviewer for their time and consideration. Good or bad, the review will help me to hone my craft further.
        Follow
        Author
      • I've been writing all of my life. I moved a lot throughout all of my school-aged years, and reading or writing was an escape for me. I didn't consider actually publishing until a literary friend of mine nudged me to do so in 2021. I still have manuscripts from a dozen years ago I haven't published yet.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 7 months ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Balance. Take breaks, find a support group, and enjoy the writing process. If it feels like "work," you're doing too much at once. Supportive friends help to remove the fear and anxiety, and help to keep us accountable. Lean on them.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor