No matter how small and unimportant what we are doing may seem, if we do it well, it may soon become the step that will lead us to better things. Channing Pollock

Ask Marian L Thorpe a question

Marian L Thorpe

Marian L Thorpe

Historical Fiction LGBT Fantasy
    • mlthorpe 28 days AuthorAuthor
    • Tough question! If you remove the magic, Guy Gavriel Kay and Elizabeth A. Lynn, and to some extent Mary Stewart's The Hollow Hills and The Crystal Cave.
    • allauthor 28 days CurrentAllauthor
    • Which writer's work do you believe most resembles your work?
    • I write between 2 - 4 hours a day, which is 1000-2000 words for me. Usually in the morning, but not always. I've learned that what I write late at night almost always is discarded.
    • My genre is hard to define. I call it non-magical historical fantasy, but I made that up. It's an alternative world, I suppose, very close to our own but not identical, where some societies have evolved differently. Readers may not appreciate the amount of research that goes into it: I make very few things up. I've spent thirty years and many many hours reading books on early medieval Europe and the Roman Empire to build my world.
    • allauthor 28 daysAllauthor
    • What is that one thing you think readers generally don't know about your specific genre?
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor