Ask Tianna Xander a question

Tianna Xander

Tianna Xander

New Adult Romance Paranormal Romance Romance Erotic Romance Time Travel Romance Science Fiction Fantasy
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • If you could choose three people to invite for a dinner party, who would they be and why?
      • Tianna Xander Tianna Xander 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • My dad and my mom are the only people. He was a real WWII 101st Airborne hero. So much so, that when we met his old Army buddies and they said he was a hero, my dad would always say, "Anybody would have done that." I'm sorry to disagree with you, Dad, but it takes a special kind of hero to keep running up a hill and pulling your buddies to safety amidst a hail of gunfire. The why is easy. I still love and miss him so much it hurts.

Why my mom? So she could see my dad again, of course.
        Follow
        Author
      • I would like to be a NYT, USA Today and Amazon bestseller before I die or have a movie made from one of my stories. I don't care which.

I don't have to stay on top. I would just like to be able to point at the headlines and say, "That was me. I did that."
      Allauthor
    • How do you think concepts such as Kindle, and e-books have changed the present or future of reading?
        Follow
        Author
      • I think e-books have made it easier for authors to get published because the big publishing houses tend to stay with who they know. They don't take many chances on new authors who don't have a name established as a bestseller.

E-books also make it easier for a reader to carry many books with them or to read a book that some literary snob might curl their lip at. I, for one, like to be able to read a sensual to erotic romance while sitting in public without the cover giving away what I'm reading. I'm not ashamed to read it. I just don't want to have to fight the urge to slap someone who wants to make fun of it in public.
        Follow
        Author
      • That's difficult. I've been told my writing resembles quite a few. I don't see it, but the readers do, I suppose. Some of them are, Evangeline Anderson, Christine Feehan, Eve Langlais, Patricia Briggs, JR Ward, and Laurell K Hamilton.
        Follow
        Author
      • It depends. If I'm starting a new project, I can sit and stare at the screen for hours until I finally come up with the best opening paragraph. If it's something I've been working on, I can usually just slide into the seat and start writing. Some days are more difficult than others.

I also have a timer and a rule. Get up at least once an hour and do something and every twenty minutes, I look away from the screen and look at something ten to twenty feet away to reduce the strain on my eyes.
        Follow
        Author
      • It's definitely changed. I can read through a book I wrote at the beginning and see where I could make changes for the story to flow easier. I'll probably make those changes if I ever get my rights back on them.
        Follow
        Author
      • No way.

I hated English in high school. I hated writing papers and reports and I would have done just about anything to get out of a writing project.
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Every one of my books contains something that happened to me in real life. Whether it's in dialogue or plot. They each have a bit of me in them somewhere. The book with the most of me is Alicia: The Awakening. All of Alicia's fear and emotions are mine after a similar experience.
        Follow
        Author
      • The title is as important as editing but it is sometimes a hard thing to decide on. I find it difficult to come up with a good title that I think will capture a reader's imagination. Lately, I've been trying to settle on two-word titles such as Addie's Alien, Bewitching Birgit, and so on. They flow better for me and are easier to remember.

I love a good cover, and unfortunately, readers will judge a book by its cover. They don't realize how expensive they are, nor how difficult it is to find an image that fits your book perfectly. They don't realize that sometimes, we have to settle on something that's just 'close'.

I've been writing a lot of BBW (Big Beautiful Woman) romances lately. There are a lot of us plus-sized girls out there. However, there aren't a lot of plus-sized models sharing images on the internet. Our cover artists must choose the image of a woman who fits the closest to how our characters appear. While I'd like the characters to exactly match the cover, I've had to become more realistic than that.

The most important thing about the cover in my opinion is, does it have the title and the name of the author spelled correctly? Is it pretty? I absolutely love a pretty cover. Other than that, the characters only need to have the same hair color and eyes of the characters. A woman can still be a size 20 and have a thin face. A man can still be a muscular alpha male and have a dimple. Some things are just more important than others.

The most important message here? Stop judging those beautiful books by their covers.
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • I have battled writer's block. I have gone the last two years or so fighting wrestling with a block that just wouldn't go away. Years ago, I scoffed at people who had blocks because I'd never had one and I believed they were a myth. Not anymore. Writer's block is REAL

and sometimes hard to overcome.

The best way I can advise someone with a block is to take a deep breath and try to find what's stressing you out. Once you figure out what's causing the stress in your life, take another deep breath and either do something about it or tell yourself you can't change it.

I meditate. I put the thing causing the stress into a little corner of my mind where I put the thoughts that I have no control over and I leave them there. Every time something triggers them and brings them back to the surface, I take another deep breath and I remember the mantra that shoves them back into that little corner.

Try not to let things, especially writing, stress you out. The more stress you feel about writing, the bigger your block will be. Do an internet search for videos on boosting creativity, or even meditation. There are hundreds of them.
        Follow
        Author
      • Sometimes. I read the good ones, definitely. They give me warm fuzzies.

I stopped reading the bad ones because the comments about the book usually aren't constructive. I love constructive criticism it helps me produce a better book next time around. Constructive criticism helps authors. Complaining that the hero or heroine doesn't look like the person on the cover, does not.
        Follow
        Author
      • Trying to describe pain and pleasure. Both of those are very subjective and we all tend to feel them differently. However, feeling them in the 'mind' of someone of the opposite sex is one of the most difficult things I've ever done.
        Follow
        Author
      • It looks like several hundred reviews on my books at Amazon and Goodreads or maybe seeing someone pick up one of my books at a library or bookstore and show it to her friend saying, "You've got to read this. It's great!"

I think the vision I hold inside of real success is seeing my name with the words New York Times or USA Today bestseller after it. I would love that, even if it was just once.
        Follow
        Author
      • I think I layer more now. I write a chapter, then I go back through it and ask myself where I could add more description, and then I go back through it and ask myself where I could add more emotion.

I go through my chapters several times trying to incorporate what the characters 5 senses are experiencing in that particular scene. What can heshe see, smell, taste, touch, hear and then what is shehe feeling inside? It's a longer process than just "telling" a story. I sometimes work on a chapter for four or five hours before I feel it's the best I can make it.
        Follow
        Author
      • I apologize if my answers are a bit longwinded...

I've been published since 2006. But I've been writing for much longer than that. I started out on an electronic typewriter. Remember those? It was a small typewriter that resembled a laptop, and it was cheap because we didn't have much money.

I started out writing a romance. I wrote about six chapters and set it aside to go to work because I'd just given birth to my son who had a lot of medical issues that I won't go into. I think I must not have been too serious about it at first because I totally forgot about it...for years.

It took three years to pay off the medical bills incurred during my son's ten-day hospital stay at Georgetown University Medical Center. We transferred three more times and bought our first PC before I started writing again.

This time I was serious about it. Fast forward eight years, a lot of work honing the craft, and two totally different manuscripts, I found a publisher who loved my voice.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor