Ask Eileen Charbonneau a question

Eileen Charbonneau

Eileen Charbonneau

Historical Mystery Historical Romance Historical Fiction Advice & How To
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
      • Eileen Charbonneau Eileen Charbonneau 4 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • I usually write the story that I want to read. But I have read a few books over my life that I closed and thought, wow, I wish I had written that! Those include Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Someone Knows My Name (also called The Book of Negros) by Lawrence Hill. I just finished another of those: Trouble the Water by Rebecca Dwight Bruff
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes, I began writing professionally when my first child was one. I thought that this profession would have a long apprenticship stage for me, because I'm a slow learner, but that it could be one I could do while being a full time parent. I was fortunate enough to have a supportive spouse and was able to write while being home with our 3 children.
        Follow
        Author
      • I don't find it difficult to write characters from any sex, gender, ethnicity, etc. We are all human, yes? Pay attention to the beauty of our diversity!
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Find the joy of the process: the journey of discovery. Life gives us enough REAL trauma to stress about! Get out of your own way (banish EGO) and write!
        Follow
        Author
      • I was inspired by a credit-free course in writing for magazines and newspapers by a wonderful teacher and professional writer Diana Gleason. For the next ten years I wanted to BE Diana, who was a non-fiction writer. I had some success, but was not so good at it and realized that I was more drawn to the storytelling world of fiction. I've been writing professionally for over 40 years now! Thanks for the great start, Diana!
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor