Ask Theresa Snyder a question

Theresa Snyder

Theresa Snyder

Action & Adventure Paranormal Romance Science Fiction Fantasy Teen & Young Adult Children's Biographies & Memoirs
      • Theresa Snyder Theresa Snyder 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I write in four genres. My scifi has been compared, by reviewers, to the old masters like Heinlein, Bradbury and Asimov. I think it resembles Joss Whedon's "Firefly". My fantasy has a dragon as a main characters so I would say if you like Toothless and wished he could talk, you would love Farloft. I believe my paranormal has a touch of Sherrilyn Kenyon in it, without so much of the dark, troubled side. And my memoirs are reminiscent of Erma Bombeck.
        Follow
        Author
      • I think writers are influenced by what they read. I know I am. My style was very episodic at first and full of narrative. Then as I began to pick up on other author's styles, mine shifted. I love writing my first person paranormal books now. Cody/Scar, my shape-shifting wolf, talks to me regularly and it flows for me. I love writing dialogue and steer away from all the narrative now.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • I do this all the time. I not only put myself and my experiences into my books, but also other people and events from their lives. Many of my friends and family members recognize themselves in my books.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • I always suggest sleeping on it. Take a nap or leave the writing until the next day. Your sub-conscious keeps working on the problem, and mine eventually solves it and I can move on.
        Follow
        Author
      • I love reading my reviews. I am happy to say, most are good reviews. But I also glean solid information from the critical ones. One person said that I should had named my first book, The Helavite War, something else because it is really about the friendship built between a human and an alien. He was right. I just wish he would have been in my beta reading group.
        Follow
        Author
      • I love getting involved with the characters. If I don't care about the cast of a book, then I don't care about the story. All my work is very character-driven. I love it when a reviewer says the story moved them to laughter or tears. I also think a character should be as smart as the reader. I hate it when I am reading a book and I can figure out the "who-done-it" before the main character can.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • I have been writing since me mother gave me my first journal when I was in middle school. My best friend and I wrote our first book during recesses in middle school. I wrote my first published book in 1990 and self published it in 2013.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor