Ask Mayumi Cruz a question

Mayumi Cruz

Mayumi Cruz

Crime Fiction Romance Women's Fiction Teen & Young Adult
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
      • Mayumi Cruz Mayumi Cruz 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Plot, characters, style -- in that order. The plot and characters can be ordinary but can come out great with great writing style, which for me, is the voice, tone and mood of the story combined. I am not invalidating the individual definitions of these elements in Creative Writing. I just use my holistic and simplified version of understanding Style to help me remember to include all these elements in my writing. Basically, my logic is this: All of these—Tone, Mood, Voice—make use of words. The series of words I choose: the arrangement of words and sentences; linguistic features like grammar, tenses, spelling; symbolisms like metaphors, allegories, similes, etc.—is the Style of my writing. Through a series of word choices, I create the Tone, Mood, Voice– and combine them to a Style I call my own.
      • Mayumi Cruz Mayumi Cruz 4 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • In high school, I got fascinated with Greek Mythology, particularly the Iliad and the Odyssey. It sparked an interest in me to start writing stories, though I've been writing since grade school, only mostly poems. Writing took a backseat though, for many years for me when I had a full time job, had a family, and basically, life itself. Now that I have ample time to write, I am dedicating my full time to it.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor