Ask DAVID T. WOLF a question

DAVID T. WOLF

DAVID T. WOLF

Crime Fiction Suspense Mystery Romantic Suspense New Adult Romance Science Fiction Teen & Young Adult
      • DAVID T. WOLF DAVID T. WOLF 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Less, I'm afraid. People today have been conditioned by movies and television to go for immediate gratification rather than allowing a story to build. This is a generalization, though. Artistic works still have a large audience.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Mystery/suspense. I have written several books in this genre, and hope to have them published in the not too distant future.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Start early and keep going until afternoon. Choose a stopping point such that I'll be able to resume writing the next morning without getting stuck.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • What is that one thing you think readers generally don't know about your specific genre?
        Follow
        Author
      • By specific genre, I'll call it "mind-upload." The biggest unknown is whether it will ever happen; also, will there every be computers or Artificial;y Intelligent beings that have self-awareness and understanding of the world, and of the arts. Until it happens, nobody knows for certain if it's possible.
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes, I dreamed of great success that would free me from any financial cares. I'd be able to write anywhere in the world without worrying about expenses. I guess it happens sometimes, but not in my case!
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • I mine or exploit personal experiences for their emotional content, in order to give authenticity to the events in the book. Real life seldom holds the kinds of adventures and confrontations that are worthy of fiction. As a writer, I find analogies from real life, and then amplify them in my writing.
        Follow
        Author
      • It's crucial that book covers look authentic and professional, especially if your book will be self-published. As to title, you can check Amazon to see if your chosen title has been used by others. If you discover that a very famous author used the exact same title, you should rethink yours. That is, unless your book is in a totally different genre.
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • I've found that writer's block hits me if I've written myself into a corner or dead end. Once I reach that diagnosis, I look back to see where I went "wrong." I put wrong in quotes because sometimes wrong turns can lead to a better book.
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Learn to enjoy the process more than any imagined rewards of publication. Also, find a writing group for critiques. Good writing groups offer constructive comments, not insults or attacks.
        Follow
        Author
      • Causing readers to get involved with the characters, creating obstacles that require sacrifice to overcome, and create stakes that are high enough that failure would be catastrophic.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor