Ask KM Taylor a question

KM Taylor

KM Taylor

Supernatural Suspense Paranormal Romance Erotic Romance Dark Romance & Erotica Historical Fiction Visionary Fiction Fantasy Horror
      • KM Taylor KM Taylor 6 months ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I've been compared to a few, mostly my favorite and most influential author, Brian Lumley. While I might have a similar flow, I don't write exactly the way he does. But I learned so much from him that I'm not surprised the spirit of my style resembles his.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 6 months ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • In real life, not as much as imagry and concepts, even events from my vivid dreams. Codex Sohrakia: The Gifted Dark is full of dream-inspired bits.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 6 months ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • The primary way I overcome writer's block is by reading. I can either read my own incomplete work, or read my favorite authors, which tends to get my inner voice to speak to me again.
      • KM Taylor KM Taylor 3 months ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Rhythm is top for me. Occasionally, I have a difficult time reading certain works if they don't have a comfortable flow and rhythm for me. That is likely something unique to each person. I may not enjoy a best-selling author, but I might easily enjoy reading a self-published writer. Also, the depth of feeling as expressed not only by the characters but also by the overall prose. If you are reading back a scene and you aren't feeling it, go over it until you do. Daydream through it again, without considering what you've already done, but what might get your heart to lurch or your mind to spark, then rewrite or rework it until it moves you. When you are moved, the reader will be moved. Natural dialogue is also a factor. Natural speech can be tricky and is important to keep the reader fully invested in the story.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor