Ask A.D. Brazeau a question

A.D. Brazeau

A.D. Brazeau

Contemporary Romance Paranormal Romance
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
      • A.D. Brazeau A.D. Brazeau 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • The most important tip is just to commit. Writers write. Whether it’s every day or finding the time when you can, just write. Everyone is different, but for me, it was essential for me to have my characters realized, locations mapped, and the story plotted. I started my first novel without a plan, and quickly realized it wasn’t going to work, there were too many elements. Also, connect with other writers. Create your social media platforms, and through those, get to know other writers in your genre and beyond. They will be a tremendous support.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • For me, it’s two things; procrastination and self-doubt. One of my writer friends once said that self-doubt is a must; meaning we all have it. Pushing past it is a must, as well, but can be a challenge. If you feel it too, just know you are not alone. As far as procrastination, I find myself easily distracted sometimes. It can be hard to put other things aside, but essential if I want to be productive.
      • like (1)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • The first thing I do is give myself a break and change things up. That can mean a walk on the beach, a book on the patio, or an episode of Schitt’s Creek. If I still feel blocked after a break, then I make myself sit down and write. Anything on the page is better than nothing. Sometimes I will take a fun element from my WIP, like a historical ballgown, and write out a description of it. This is not only fun, but it also gets the words flowing again. I find that I do eventually get back in the flow.
      • like (1)
        Follow
        Author
      • Books were the first loves of my life. I began reading very young and never stopped. By the time I graduated from high school, I had read most of the classics; my face was always buried in a book. I wanted to create characters and worlds, just like my favorite authors. I've been writing most of my life, but only consistently in the last several years.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor