Ask Maron Craig Bielovitz a question

Maron Craig Bielovitz

Maron Craig Bielovitz

Children's Poetry
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • If you could choose three people to invite for a dinner party, who would they be and why?
      • Maron Craig Bielovitz Maron Craig Bielovitz 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I am going to admit right up front that my answer to this question would be different on any given day and I'm not going to try to impress you as an egg head but today's dinner part would include Maeve Binchy (if I am allowed a spirit who has passed), James Patterson and Louise Penny. I so admire these threee Authors for their bodies of work and for the impact their stories have on me personally not to mention the scores of readers whose lives they have touched through the decades....Next week it might be Wayne Dyer, Ken Follett and John Sanford...just sayin'
      Allauthor
    • How do you think concepts such as Kindle, and e-books have changed the present or future of reading?
        Follow
        Author
      • Although I still firmly believe in the benefits of physical libraries and book stores as a "necessity" for anyone, I think the digital world of reading has increased the availability of the world of literature to so many more people. I also think it has opened many more doors for writers and small publishing houses. I have a physical library in my home that I am proud of but I have hundreds of digital books on my devices as well.
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • I think if they are being honest that every Author takes advantage of their own life experiences in their writing. Why not utilize such an important and vital tool?
        Follow
        Author
      • As a lifelong avid reader, I can't stress the importance of a good cover that grabs a potential reader or a good title that tickles their imagination. They always sway my decision to buy if I am not familiar with the Author.
        Follow
        Author
      • As a new comer to the industry, I admit that I do read reviews though I have been very frustrated that my readers are quite lax about writing reviews. The first time reading a bad review was extremely painful but I remind myself that in order to grow in my craft, I need to be objective and in some cases to grow a "thicker skin" as well. As long as the review is well meant and not mean spirited, I can take it. The ones that are obviously meant to cause pain, are not worth dwelling on. I do reviews myself and I just wish readers would realize how very, very important they are to an author.
        Follow
        Author
      • So far I have been blessed to be dealing with people of high moral standards so poor ethics has not yet been an issue for me. I suppose making unfulfilled promises is probably a problem for some writers but I have been lucky so I can't yet talk about the "under belly" of the industry with any real conviction or experience.
        Follow
        Author
      • Right now my books are available through on line vendors such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. and the marketing process is slow and frustrating most of the time but to not have to wish and hope for reviews and to achieve 5 star ratings is definitely a goal and of course to someday walk into a book store and see my books on the shelves would be complete and utter literary success!!
        Follow
        Author
      • I've been an artist for my entire life so that part was second nature for me but publishing my first book certainly made me a bit more self assured and confidant that I can, indeed do this!! The first time I had to say "I am a Writer" or "I am an Author" in answer to the question "What do you do?" I found it hard to say but now that I have two books already copyrighted and published, 3 more in different stages of being published, as well as a few more stories in the process of being written, I seem to have more of a rhythm to my process. I am more goal oriented for sure!
        Follow
        Author
      • In writing children's picture books, the most difficult part is the illustrating since I use a collage process to illustrate my books and it is a time consuming method that produces dimensional images. It's a bit like playing paper dolls only more intricate though still fun!
        Follow
        Author
      • To look for a small publishing company with a reliable track record that you can build a reputation with. Look for people within that publishing company that you can work with one on one who work tirelessly towards your success while they are working to build their company and reputation to insure their own success as well. Ask questions when you are unsure as the editors and publishers want you to succeed and in order to do that you must learn the publishing business from the ground up.
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Don't drain your creative pool! Write when the pool is full (when the muse is awake and active) and when the words re flowing. Don't write when you find yourself circling the drain and when you are tired and stressed. Take break. Shut down the laptop, close the notebook and take a walk, watch
        TV, play with the dog, cook a meal....you get the idea. Create a diversion and when you do go back, wether it's hours or days, you may find yourself refreshed and ready to jump in again with both feet!!
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor