Ask L M Hedrick a question

L M Hedrick

L M Hedrick

Thriller Contemporary Romance Romantic Suspense Historical Fiction
    • Theresa Webb Theresa Webb 3 years ago
      Reader
    • Just finished A Rigel Affair. Enjoyed it immensely. Wonderful story. One question I have. Did Mattie and Charlie Marty and since it was based on your mother’s letters is Charlie your dad.
      • L M Hedrick L M Hedrick 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Hi Theresa! Many thanks for reading The Rigel Affair and commenting! The Rigel Affair is a work of fiction based upon true events. Yes, my mother Mattie had a madcap affair with Charlie during WW2 when he arrived on the USS Rigel in Auckland. Yes, I have about 30 of Charlie's letters that he wrote to my mom after the Rigel left Auckland. After the war, my mother married my real father, so no, Charlie is not my father. We are currently working on the Sequel and many of these loose ends will be clarified in the Sequel. Thank heaps for your kind comments and support :-)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
      • L M Hedrick L M Hedrick 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • My life's journey, like everyone else's, is crowded with fabulous and frightening experiences - always plenty in the noggin' to get my pen moving!
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • I am also fortunate enough to be a successful artist... so I can bounce from writing to painting and come back refreshed and relieved to both endeavors. I love to swim and can't wait for my next dip in the nearby pool or my favorite - a dunk in the ocean during summer!
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • I have been writing since a very early age - if you count letters... before we were swamped by emails! My first novel, The Rigel Affair, was prompted by my wonder husband/partner Bud, who read the 30 WW2 letters from Charlie to my mother, Mattie. Bud said, "You must write a Book!"
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor