Ask Kimberly Grist a question

Kimberly Grist

Kimberly Grist

Historical Romance Historical Fiction Christian Fiction Religion & Spirituality
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
      • Kimberly Grist Kimberly Grist 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • My novels are me and my friends and family. One of my favorite characters is Pastor Nelson a 19th century pastor in the fictional town of Carrie Town, Texas. I simply have to imagine how would my husband and handled this situation and the words flow freely. Two other characters Lois in "Lois Risk" and Maggie in "Maggie's Strenght" were based on my grandmother's.
      • like (2)
        Follow
        Author
      • I grew up with four brothers and raised three sons, so perhaps I feel more closely aligned with the way a man thinks than most. However, we are different. I like the analogy of men are like waffles (one thing at a time) and women are like spaghetti (everything relates or touches) The hardest thing for me to remember for me in writing is that men typically use fewer words on a daily basis than women. (Not true at my house though, lol)
      • like (2)
        Follow
        Author
      • I've enjoyed writing since I was a young girl, however, after years of thinking about it, I began writing my first novel in 2017. Inspired by so many things life has to offer one of which includes my oldest son’s battle with cancer I find it especially gratifying to write a happy ending. “Suffering is, of course, is my least favorite thing. My objective is not to discuss my struggles specifically but to combine a love of history with biblical principles to produce a historical Christian based story that shows how God uses adversity for our good in ways we may never expect.
      • like (2)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor