Ask Janice Spina a question

Janice Spina

Janice Spina

Thriller Mystery Teen & Young Adult Children's
      • Janice Spina Janice Spina 1 year ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I get excited when I see a new review. It feels like an early Christmas present. Of course it is always nice to receive positive ones but even the famous authors receive negative reviews.

I do get a little disheartened when I receive less than four stars but learn something from the point of view of the reader. I move on from there and try not to dwell too long on the negativity.

I do look over my work and try to see what they are talking about that they did not like. It’s a constant learning curve, sometimes for the better. It’s important to remember that not everyone will love one’s work or understand it.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
      • Janice Spina Janice Spina 4 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • My tips for aspiring authors are:
        1. Believe in yourself
        2. Write about what you know or do tons of research for what you don’t know
        3. Read aloud your work for errors
        4. Edit, edit, and edit again
        5. Get beta readers to proof your work - other eyes are needed.
        6. Don’t let negative people or reviews get you down.
        7. Covers and blurbs are important. They represent the face of your book.
        8. Promote yourself and work on social media, blog and website,
        9. Enlist help and support from fellow authors. They are a willing and supporting snd group. Contact me!
        10. Believe in yourself that you can do anything you put your mind to do.
      • like (1)
      • Janice Spina Janice Spina 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I began writing poetry at nine years old for Mother’s Day and birthdays. When my mother encouraged me with her praises I became more confident and wrote more often. Unfortunately I didn’t keep all these poems. They were lost when we moved.
      • like (1)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor