Ask Denna Holm a question

Denna Holm

Denna Holm

Paranormal Romance Science Fiction Fantasy
      • Denna Holm Denna Holm 4 years ago
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • No, not really, but I was always interested. I've been reading my whole life. My first love was in training horses, but when an accident forced me to retire, I came back to my second love, reading and writing.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes. It depends on what type of block. If I'm stuck in a story, as in written myself into a corner, then I probably just need to back off for a while and rethink it. Sometimes this takes months. I'll usually work on something else, knowing my brain is still working on the previous problem. If I'm just stuck for words, period, then I'll sit and look out the window, study the scenery, and start writing description, which can help bring about emotions, senses. I just need a way to get the words flowing again. I prefer writing novels, but if I'm really stuck, I'll shift to short stories or flash fiction. They are a good way to help remind me to tighten my wording anyway.
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes, I read every single one, good or bad. Of course we need the positive feedback or why keep trying to write. The negative feedback can be trickier to deal with. Sometimes there is a grain of truth in what is being said and we can learn from it for our next story. Sometimes, we just get a reader who can't connect with our characters and story and I know there's nothing I could have done to make it happen. You just have to learn to let it go. I know I won't please every reader. It makes accepting the negative feedback easier.
        Follow
        Author
      • Be patient. Listen to what experienced authors and editors are trying to tell you. It's great to want to develop your own voice, your own style, but if you can't engage the readers, what good will it do you. Learn to accept criticism. Use what you can and ignore the rest. Don't take everything negative said to heart. Opinions are almost always subjective.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor