Ask Michael Kent a question

Michael Kent

Michael Kent

Crime Fiction Mystery Action & Adventure
      • Michael Kent Michael Kent 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Writing is one part of the job, publishing and promoting your novel is another part of the business. One that you have to learn you may need help for this.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Grow a thick skin. Perfection is on another planet light-years away. Your novel will never be perfect, you WILL have a few bad reviews. If you go back to a paragraph or chapter you wrote a few months ago, and it still makes you smile. That's good writing you can't please everyone -- but your writing must at least please yourself.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • Writer's block is your subconscious telling you that something may be going astray. I take a break, a few days off, read a biography, science fiction or some novel not in the genre that I am writing. When I get back to the writing I see things differently and it always helps me to 'unblock' .
        Follow
        Author
      • As a human being, I've evolved over the years (hopefully for the better) I can see that the characters in my novels have also evolved with me. More open to expressing inner feelings, more open to other cultures, to other life choices. Montreal is a very multicultural city and an LBGT-friendly city and that's reflected in some of my writing.
        Follow
        Author
      • Reviews are like fresh air to the writer. It takes months, sometimes years to write and polish a novel. I always look forward to readers reviews, even bad ones may give you a different take on how your written word was interpreted. It's a continual learning process that I know I will never fully master.
        Follow
        Author
      • At the base, the plot has to make sense, be intriguing enough that the reader will follow, and the characters have to be interesting, --- but above all, good writing is good editing. A professional editor is a must if you are going to turn out a quality novel.
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • I don't read--I devour books. One day, I realized that I was critiquing the author of the novel that I was reading. I said to myself, "Self, maybe you could write your own mystery novel." I wrote a few short stories and quickly found out - - it wasn't as easy as I first thought. I enrolled in online writing courses and a few years later I started turning out prose that won a few small contests, some short stories were accepted by online magazines. That pushed me to write my first novel.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor