Ask Kim Black a question

Kim Black

Kim Black

Thriller Suspense Mystery Historical Fiction Women's Fiction Christian Fiction Science Fiction Teen & Young Adult Children's Advice & How To Christian Nonfiction
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
      • Kim Black Kim Black 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Get out while you still can! Kidding-- mostly. It's hard. It's hard on the writer, their friends, and especially their family. Most good writers I know insist they couldn't stop if they tried. My best advice is to write your guts out, in spite of how hard it is. And most importantly, find a clan of writers who understand-- with whom you can brainstorm and commiserate. They're out there, hiding in plain sight, just like you.
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Clarity is one of the most important parts of the writing process. If the reader can't understand what a writer is telling them, the writer has failed. Another key to good writing is finding a voice that your reader connects with. (As you might guess, following all the basic rules of grammar-- ending a sentence with a preposition-- is much less important to me.)
        Follow
        Author
      • I think I've been making up stories since I could talk. But I really knew I wanted to write after about the sixth time through Little Women in the third grade. I wrote for my school newspaper in junior high and high school. I have been published since 2013.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor